How to stay active:
we’re here to help
Your miles expire if you haven't earned, redeemed, donated or transferred any miles in 18 consecutive months. But don't worry, there are a few things you can do to help prevent your miles from expiring or get them back. Let us show you how.
Did you know? You can prevent your miles from ever expiring as long as you are an Aeroplan affiliated credit cardholder.
How do you know when your miles will expire?
Reinstate expired miles
- Reinstate all of your expired Aeroplan Miles as long as it’s within 6 months of your account becoming inactive by:
- Missing miles for past purchases made at our travel partners before your expiry date can be claimed, even if you forgot to provide your Aeroplan number. If successful, your expired miles will be reinstated. You can claim missing Aeroplan Miles for:
Buy them back
- You may buy back expired miles at a cost of 1¢ per mile, a $30 administration fee, and applicable taxes.
- You may choose to buy back some or all of your expired miles, at any time.
- Call the Aeroplan Contact Centre at 1-800-361-5373 to buy back expired miles.